EuroFora
March 29, 2024, 10:54:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
French German Italian Dutch Spanish Portuguese Korean Chinese Simplified Japanese Greek Arabic Russian
News: European NEWS at : http://eurofora.net * European DEBATES at : http://eurofora.net/forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: American People debate Syria attack threats without UNO mandate  (Read 5542 times)
Jory

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »

Interesting debate among US People on current threats to Attack Syria without any UNO mandate :

2,476 Comments
Sign in to post a comment
Popular Now Newest Oldest Most Replied
ChadK 16 hours ago 16 439
No one in DC is listening to us..........what a surprise.
More
Expand Replies (18)  Reply
Sharmane
Sharmane 16 hours ago 17 411
2014 mid term elections, sweep the debris out of DC. They have forgotten for whom they work.
More
Expand Replies (27)  Reply
A Cold 1,Anyone?
A Cold 1,Anyone? 17 hours ago 28 608
It's obvious that the congress doesn't work for the will of the American people,they just do what they dam well please
More
Expand Replies (33)  Reply
Eli
Eli 16 hours ago 14 342
Well, when it comes time to raise the debt limit Boehner no longer has an excuse to stop it, he voted for more costly pointless wars.
More
Expand Replies (12)  Reply
ping
ping 16 hours ago 2 107
This is insane, all I see is more young Americans losing their lives/limbs for political gain. It's time to rid ourselves of these so called leaders. Prepare yourselves people, it's going to get real nasty from here on out. Americans no longer have a voice in our government.
More
Expand Replies (9)  Reply
Jabberwocky 14 hours ago 1 4
Why don't they just let it go..... and work on the job market problems in our own country?
More
Steve
Steve 13 hours ago 1 6
ping...We lost as soon as the Patriot Act was signed. Obama is just finishing the deal...and doing a very good job at it, I must say! THEY ALL NEED TO GO...THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!
More
AZ Dem
AZ Dem 13 hours ago 7 3
What are you talking about? We're talking about firing cruise missiles from ships off the coast of Israel to take out Syrian military sites. What's the big deal? Turkey has said it's ready to boots on the ground if needed.
More
Dan
Dan 13 hours ago 2 16
AZ - do you realize we will actually align ourselves with AQ - at least for the short-term? AQ has taken a position with the rebel forces. This is unacceptable.

These people hate us - fine. Let them sort it out for themselves
More
Davis
Davis 13 hours ago 2 6
We need a modern-day Thomas Jefferson to lead this revolution! give me liberty or give me death, as old Patrick Henry said! I HATE our federal government and I believe almost all of our elected officials on the federal level deserve to be executed! if people in this country would just UNITE together under one banner, the banner of FREEDOM, then we could annihilate our federal government and start all over; strong states rights and weak federal authority will ALWAYS be the key to success, as is the "rule by many" rather than "rule by a few" Compromise and Unite and see just how powerful America REALLY is!

ken
ken 12 hours ago 2 1
Sorry folks, but the 2% didn't win this time.
More
Rick
Rick 7 hours ago 0 1
And people wonder why Obama & company are trying so hard to disarm this country,they don't want people to have the means to resist, do Ineed say more?
More
Mike
Mike 6 hours ago 0 0
I have a voice and I went to see my Congressman tonight to express my view, and he and I agree, and he does not Support what the Leaders on either side want to do!!!
More
Mike
Mike 6 hours ago 0 0
If more people do that then maybe they would listen!!!

ChadK
ChadK 4 hours ago 14 410
No one in DC is listening to us..........what a surprise.
More
Sharmane
Sharmane 4 hours ago 15 384
2014 mid term elections, sweep the debris out of DC. They have forgotten for whom they work.
More
Expand Replies (23)  Reply
A Cold 1,Anyone?
A Cold 1,Anyone? 5 hours ago 26 582
It's obvious that the congress doesn't work for the will of the American people,they just do what they dam well please
More
Expand Replies (32)  Reply
Eli
Eli 4 hours ago 13 320
Well, when it comes time to raise the debt limit Boehner no longer has an excuse to stop it, he voted for more costly pointless wars.
More
Expand Replies (11)  Reply
Dusty
Dusty 5 hours ago 25 464
Time to purge some (all) of the politicians...
More
dude
dude 4 hours ago 13 273
Pretty incredible that our "leaders" can find consensus long enough to launch tomahawk cruise missiles, but somehow funding school lunches for kids, or building bridges exceeds their abililities...
More
Expand Replies (Cool  Reply
Jeff
Jeff 4 hours ago 6 159
And why, Mr. Speaker, does the United States really "need" to do this? I don't even want to think about what kind of deals were cut between Boehner and Obama behind closed doors, although I'm sure we'll all be smelling the stench of it in good time.
More
Expand Replies (10)  Reply
Hurley
Hurley 5 hours ago 18 322
People, if you vote for the same worn out two-party politicians again, you get what you deserve!
More
Expand Replies (24)  Reply
WISCO
WISCO 4 hours ago 10 204
Hmm, I wonder if Raytheon and Lockheed Martin upped their campaign contributions in the past couple days. What a joke.
More
DougM
DougM 5 hours ago 7 157
Wonder what kind of deal was cut?
More
Expand Replies (4)  Reply
John
John 5 hours ago 39 559
More proof that Washington has become totally disconnected from the American voter. I will not vote for a single incumbent that votes for this attack.
More
Expand Replies (31)  Reply
Barbara
Barbara 5 hours ago 19 317
Listen to the American people and stay out of Syria.
More
Expand Replies (12)  Reply
Robert
Robert 4 hours ago 2 76
Let the Muslim world take care of their dirty laundry and keep the USA out of it !
More
Expand Replies (1)  Reply
jamesr
jamesr 5 hours ago 9 173
No more dead, missing and wounded AMERICANS!!! Contact your local politicians and let them know how you feel!!
More
Y
Y 5 hours ago 8 154
This may turn out to be the worst decision this country has made in a long, long time.
Be careful the United Sad States of America.
More
Sharmane
Sharmane 4 hours ago 2 73
No! No more wars in the middle east or elsewhere. They have proven to be a losing proposition. The warring factions have been at each others' throats since Biblical times. Quit sending money and aid to people who hate us. Pay attention to our borders and what's happening in our own country. The economy is already in the tank, more people on government aid than at any time in our history. Stay home and take care of business here for a change. No more American lives sacrificed for nothing.
More
Scott
Scott 5 hours ago 12 203
Our government is full of inept idiots, they are destroying this country.
More
Expand Replies (11)  Reply
reddog
reddog 5 hours ago 17 262
Spend taxpayers money and screw the Americans people.
More
Expand Replies (6)  Reply
Russ
Russ 5 hours ago 18 257
A war that you have no intentions of winning, is not worth fighting.......
More
Expand Replies (15)  Reply
Not us
Not us 4 hours ago 3 74
Bye John, this will be your last term.
More
Expand Replies (2)  Reply
HansenJG
HansenJG 4 hours ago 2 68
What will we get out of attacking them with a limited strike? What is the definition of victory? How will punching him in the nose help the US? Somebody convince me.
More
Nicol
Nicol 4 hours ago 1 52
Has anyone even seen one comment that supports this idea? I haven't, but every one I have read is against it. But I guess if enough suits get together in Washington, it really doesn't matter what "we the people" have to say about it.
More
Expand Replies (6)  Reply
Synical1
Synical1 5 hours ago 9 151
Sure, there was "strong evidence" that saddam hussein had chemical weapons too.
And, look where that got us.
More
crylibscry
crylibscry 5 hours ago 5 93
more proof that politicians do not listen to their constituents.
More
A
A 5 hours ago 4 87
Warmongers.
More
Miss Peaches
Miss Peaches 4 hours ago 2 52
Well this guy will be out of a job, Nov is coming!!!
More
Expand Replies (5)  Reply
Common Sense Guy
Common Sense Guy 5 hours ago 15 197
Over 80% of Americans say stay out of Syria. Watch what our represented leaders do. Wake up shout out - we in the US do NOT live in a democracy anymore.....
More
itslikethis
itslikethis 5 hours ago 8 116
Time for a regime change over here.
More
cogsys
cogsys 4 hours ago 2 55
Did anyone else think the phrasing "This is something that the United Stats and the country need to do." is a bit odd? Isn't the United States the same thing as 'the country?'
More
Expand Replies (Cool  Reply
JandJ
JandJ 4 hours ago 0 22
This country is sick of War, especially those that have no meaning. Yes gasing people is awful, but the Muslim's need to deal with that, not us.
More
MR John
MR John 4 hours ago 1 42
Anybody voting yes on attacking Syria needs to be voted out .
More
Jeff Forbes
Jeff Forbes 5 hours ago 4 75
Boehner,the "country" does not need to do this! VOTE NO!!
And be prepared to Impeach if he goes ahead anyway!!
More
al92lt1
al92lt1 5 hours ago 20 213
John Boehner ha betrayed us again.
More
Collapse Replies (9) Reply
Talendria
Talendria 5 hours ago 3 42
Add John McCain to that list.
More
Hussman
Hussman 5 hours ago 7 14
Both are paid off very well. They are tyrants and need to be hung along side Obama.
More
IZZY
IZZY 5 hours ago 2 5
ASSSOOOOO
More
Suzette
Suzette 5 hours ago 14 14
Obama is the worst Prez we have ever had, he has no guts to lead our country in the right direction. He has got us in a mess and now wants help from the Congress to save his face. I'm surprised he isn't running off playing golf or on another vacation. That is all he know how to do.
More
John
John 5 hours ago 1 9
Rinos.
More
Richard D
Richard D 5 hours ago 2 5
The country has the government it voted for.
More
Barry Gary
Barry Gary 5 hours ago 0 7
Please don't forget Miss Lindsey Graham
More
DEFAULT_USERNAME
Commenter 4 hours ago 1 3
AGAIN!!!! he is a maggot just like cantor and all that vote with dictator muslim obozo they are all sucking the muslim #$%$
More
Gripper
Gripper 45 minutes ago 0 0
when didn't those two sell us down the river
More
Pat
Pat 5 hours ago 1 37
What is the objective?
More
M
M 5 hours ago 22 216
Stay out of Syria! Write your reps and senators. Send a message before it is too late!
More
Expand Replies (19)  Reply
K C
K C 4 hours ago 1 33
Here we go again! I suppose it's not just how many people die,..it's who. When will these idiots start listening to the people that put them in office? And why take polls if they don't pay attention?
More
Jim
Jim 4 hours ago 4 64
Did Syria attack us?Huh Why are we attacking a country that is not at war with us? These Arab nations hate us, they want us to fight for them, and then when we are helping them they band together to kill us. They don't like each other and they sure don't like us. Leave them fight.....
More
Bill
Bill 5 hours ago 4 53
Wonder what dirt they had on him...likes to play in bathroom stalls?
More
Collapse Replies (2) Reply
TomK
TomK 5 hours ago 0 9
remember the NSA spies on everyone for obama's political gain
More
carguy2u2
carguy2u2 3 hours ago 0 0
NSA has ALL of the dirt on all of them. Who runs NSA ?
More
obama-mao is an idiot
obama-mao is an idiot 5 hours ago 13 125
Syria posses no threat to America.
More
txpoljldy
txpoljldy 5 hours ago 3 38
Hope that in 2012...Boehner is voted out...he is just another rhino...no gumption, no guts, just another wannabe democrat liked republican...this is not our war...it is not our problem...Obama created the mess let Obama clean up the mess...when the republicans are being blame by Obama for the terrorism that is certain to follow...remember this capitulation by a bunch of wimps...who should have, could have, and would have said NO NO NO to Obama bombing Syria...
More
RF_GURU
RF_GURU 5 hours ago 2 37
everybody who votes for this should be replaced in 2014/16 !
More
UnHappy
UnHappy 4 hours ago 1 22
We have Idiots for politicians..........................I hate them all....................
More
Moto
Moto 5 hours ago 2 31
and if syria goes into the hands of the terroist john, who will you blame the next time they are used.......idiots
More
Jason
Jason 4 hours ago 0 12
No Boehner. "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" Wrong choice. Please tell me this isn't a repeat of Iraq. What did we do before? We spent monies on a war we did not have. Here we are with Bush's tab and Obama's incompetence and yet we are funding this strike with what? Hopes and promises? We have seen what that affords the US which is why we are where we are now isn't it? The answer should be flat out, NO. No more. Let the Arab leadership step forward to handle Arab problems. Not the US. No more.
More
itslikethis
itslikethis 4 hours ago 0 11
The clowns have spoken. Let's hope the impending attack, and that's what it is now, will not escalate into a disaster. God bless our military and their families.
More
P.T.Hawk
P.T.Hawk 5 hours ago 3 43
Here we go again trying to protect the muslum barbarians from the other muslum barbarians. As soon as we touch Syria we will be blamed for all future failures much like Obama still blames Reagan and Bush for his failed policies. That's just how muslums and democrats roll.
More
Lucinda
Lucinda 5 hours ago 1 23
Talk about McCain being in Obama's back pocket. Now Bohener is there. If you voted or either of them you should be ashamed!
More
Sylvia
Sylvia 4 hours ago 0 13
Heck with parties,all of them. We need to vote against those that don't represent the will of the people. We can voice our opinions with votes.
More
Collapse Replies (1) Reply
Jim
Jim 4 hours ago 0 1
And just WHO are you going to vote for??? Isn't it obvious that no matter which 'side' wins, those calling the shots are still pulling the strings. How else can one explain O'bomber out Bushing Bush?
More
Pete
Pete 5 hours ago 2 33
Once again Boehener shows the weakling that he is. 100,000 people killed by bullets, 1000-1500 by gas (not even sure by who) and we need to get involved? I say no. This is the same US government that says they aren't spying on its citizens and uses the IRS and EPS to harass them. It's all a sideshow to get the focus off the current scandals. How about we focus on the impending budget and debt issues. We don't need or can we afford to be involved with another war.
More
Collapse Replies (2) Reply
keith
keith 4 hours ago 0 3
not our fight we need to butt out! boehener needs to vote no! or lose his job next year
More
keith
keith 4 hours ago 0 3
we are broke! we can't afford another war!!!!
More
Ray
Ray 5 hours ago 1 26
if Boehner votes for this time to get a new speaker of the house get rid of him
More
magarity
magarity 4 hours ago 0 11
Millions killed in Darfur and Rowanda and the western governments do nothing. A thousand killed by gas in Syria and it's a crisis that requires action.
More
Gbolahan
Gbolahan 4 hours ago 0 12
Hmm, Obama and Boehner strange bed fellows,finally agrees on attacking syria and never on the economy.
More
JON
JON 5 hours ago 0 16
Boehner's not really that bright!
More
Al
Al 4 hours ago 0 10
Let's pledge to vote every politician out of office that votes to attack Syria.
More
AJ
AJ 4 hours ago 0 13
This is not our war nor our fight. Let those countries with ties to Syria deal with it. Obama said at one time that we are not the world's law enforcement, but he shot off his mouth about a red line in Syria and now he has to save face. Congressional Republican leaders are no better.

Government has to stop wasting our money on Islam. They declared us their enemy and we don't owe them anything unless they are allies like Turkey or Jordan, then we must step up if they are threatened because we have that long standing commitment.
More
robert
robert 4 hours ago 0 15
Voting is a joke anymore. These fools just do whatever they want.
More

Jory

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »

(../..)

Harvey
Harvey 4 hours ago 0 13
Another reason that demonstrates the need for term limits.
More
DANEL
DANEL 4 hours ago 2 24
I am from Mr Boehner's district in Ohio and if this moron votes to butt into Syria's civil war he lost my vote and quite a few other people's vote that I know personaly
More
Collapse Replies (3) Reply
ConeyIslandBaby67
ConeyIslandBaby67 4 hours ago 0 4
So you are the ones responsible for this clown in Congress. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
More
Nuke Em
Nuke Em 4 hours ago 0 0
"Clean out the barn"
More
Nobama For Me
Nobama For Me 38 minutes ago 0 0
Sorry, but Boehner, Obama, and their minions are guided by an entity much more powerful than any voting group could ever hope to be. The time for humanity to save itself is long passed, I'm afraid.
More
MacMan
MacMan 4 hours ago 1 18
Boehner has become Obama's lap dog. The American people do not want us involved in Syria but our elected officials continue to ignore us. Anyone who supports getting involved in a Syrian conflict should be voted out of office.
More
Ron
Ron 3 hours ago 0 7
Boehner caves again. We do not need to strike Syria. obama must have promised him a case of booze.
More
Crusher
Crusher 3 hours ago 0 7
We have a government that doesn't listen.
More
Whatever
Whatever 5 hours ago 14 88
It is sad to think that the only thing that can unite our fractured government is more war on another dubious target. Just more war for oil.
More
Expand Replies (6)  Reply
Donald
Donald 4 hours ago 1 12
This has little to do with chemical weapons. The alleged use of chemical weapons by Assad is merely to manufacture an emotional response to generate blind momentum and support. Follow the money for the real reason. Saudi Arabia wants Assad removed from power. That doesn't worry me as much as the fact "our" elected officials in Congress and The White House are more responsive to the Saudis than The American People.
More
Expand Replies (1)  Reply
Bill
Bill 5 hours ago 1 17
If our government didn't arm, aid, and train terrorist rebels in Jordan for the conflict in Syria this would have already been over by now before anyone was even gassed. Just one bad move after another.
More
John
John 5 hours ago 3 24
We are now al Qaeda's Navy and Air Force! Congratulations.
More
DavroW
DavroW 3 hours ago 0 6
Mr Boehner, what do your constituents think. Remember them, you represent them.
More
quad s
quad s 4 hours ago 0 16
Boehner needs to go.
More
Michael
Michael 5 hours ago 0 11
Was a Democrat years ago, until I started my business, then Republican, now just so disillusioned by both country club parties selling us short.
More
Right of Center
Right of Center 5 hours ago 0 13
Boehner agreed with Obama on sequestration only to have Obama later blame the Republicans 100% for sequestration. In Obama's defense, Obama never intended to hav sequestration kick in... Just like he does not intend the missile strikes to start WW III. With a track record like Obama's on predicting the future we had better slow down here.
More
Kazual Kaz 4 hours ago 1 8
Boehner apparently you are not listening to what the American people want, and that is, to stay out of Syria. If you are going to support the "strike on Syria" and funding of "Obamacare" you are doing a dis-service to the American people. Hopefully the voters of Ohio will remember this at the ballot box in 2014!!!
More
Expand Replies (2)  Reply
Fresno
Fresno 5 hours ago 1 13
I hope that the congressmen that vote for this understand that it is not their leadership that keeps them in office, but the voters back home. As far as Boehner is concerned, I have never been very impressed with the quality of his leadership. I am a lifelong Republican. Evidently Washington has not gotten the message. We do not wish to invest any more of our resources in vain attempts to fix parts of the world that are unfixable. As far as I am aware, no one has attacked us, or acted in a way that directly threatens us or our interests. We should leave this can of worms unopened. If the Saudis are unhappy....too bad.
Great Geezer
Great Geezer 5 hours ago 1 14
Boehner sold the American people out yet again. Aside from that, who else thinks he has one of the most punchable faces in the world?
More
just a vet
just a vet 5 hours ago 1 17
this is a great distraction for the coward of Benghazi,
More
Finem Respice
Finem Respice 5 hours ago 1 15
Idiocy, pure idiocy. Let's all be truly honest., the only reason why this administration and anyone would support action in Syria is to keep the military war machine going. Bringing the troops home would jeopardize the delicate hold the powers that be currently has. People are angry with both parties. The last thing either party wants is those with strong leadership skills back in the US in the position to organize against the current political structure.
More
Scott
Scott 5 hours ago 0 7
I am dead set against us getting involved with this war and will not vote for anyone who is for it. However once we go to war I will support our troops anyway I can.
More
James
James 5 hours ago 0 1
We can support them by voting these warmongers out.
More
Harryo
Harryo 5 hours ago 0 11
Nobody else is doing anything why do we need to do this?
More
ross
ross 5 hours ago 0 14
You think if we start our own Revolution or Civil War they would pay attention to "We the people?"
More
Emperor Ophallus
Emperor Ophallus 5 hours ago 0 1
They would likely crush the rebellion with chemical weapons.
More
Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown 5 hours ago 1 17
See... the "old school" has got to go... or nothing will change! The Boehners, the McCains, the Grahams, the Kings on the right... as well as ALL the progressives on the left, who will spend us into oblivion on nonsense. We have got to stop putting the same people back into CONGRESS and eliminate professional politicians. Two things should happen, at a minimum: the beginning of term limits for the politicians and the end of unionized government workers. That would be a great start to putting common sense back in Washington.
More
Shamrock
Shamrock 3 hours ago 0 7
OPEN YOUR EYES! This is not a Democrat/Republican issue. This is BOTH parties trying to ram something down our throats!!! Time to rise up!
More
Reed 3 hours ago 0 0
Same thing as Immigration reform. When both parties are on the same side, LOOK OUT!
More
matteb
matteb 5 hours ago 0 11
This just shows that neither party cares about the working class. We have a huge problems of our own. The middle class is being suffocated. The rich politicians are just serving the military industrial complex that Dwight Eisenhower warned us about.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military/industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. "
Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961
Bill
Bill 5 hours ago 0 13
More stupid from this neanderthal House Speaker, can't wait to see him gone with Pelosi.
More
Larry
Larry 5 hours ago 0 15
Hey congress how many of your children will fight and die in that hell hole called the middle east ? I'll tell how many, not even one, you expect the poor working class to pay your wages and then die for your greed.
More
Keith
Keith 5 hours ago 2 14
This is the dumbest move in 50 years
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 5 hours ago 5 23
What happened to representing We the People and OUR interests?!

This isn't the Republic our Founding Father's fought and died for. We the People need to take it back, and fix OUR country!
More
Collapse Replies (11) Reply
Mark ...
Mark ... 5 hours ago 1 1
You do that --- I'll be watching for your success on television.
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 4 hours ago 1 2
@Mark The current Corporate media will not report anything involving honest American people and the revival of our nation.
More
Mark ...
Mark ... 4 hours ago 2 1
When you and the other guys at the meetin' launch your revolution I'm sure the media will report it. They like to print stories about militia guys getting killed by the police.
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 4 hours ago 1 1
Yes, because the entire American populace is a militia.
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 4 hours ago 1 1
What I can tell you is though, the day the government decides to directly even lift a finger against an American citizen, that shall be the "shot heard round the world", and the new Revolution shall begin.
More
Mark ...
Mark ... 4 hours ago 0 1
Right. With all the opportunities that you've had -- Waco, Ruby Ridge, Boston, al Walaki? Tell me about all the bravery you've shown.
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 4 hours ago 1 2
Many American citizens who are angry over non-representation have been/are in the military. Now tell me, what bravery have you shown?

PS: Voting for people who only continue to defy the American people and care nothing for the nation, does not count as "bravery".
More
C
C 4 hours ago 0 1
there were more than "fingers" lifted against kids at Kent State. there are a million more examples. very "patriotic" thoughts. "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." Samuel Johnson.
More
Mark ...
Mark ... 3 hours ago 0 1
AN, I've been in that same military for 26 years and had 3 combat deployments -- and you? Why is it that people like you think all military feel and believe in the right wing lunacy that you do?
More
American Nationalist
American Nationalist 3 hours ago 0 0
@Mark Who said I was a right winger?
More
C
C 1 hour ago 0 1
tea party advocate, right winger, what's in a name?
More
MEOW
MEOW 5 hours ago 1 9
hope iran and Russia know where Washington dc is when they send their bombs.
More
Bill
Bill 5 hours ago 0 3
One can only hope. if not maybe China does...
More
HIMself
HIMself 5 hours ago 1 13
Congress again NOT listening to the American People!!
More
local guy
local guy 5 hours ago 1 22
Anyone who votes for this is an idiot.
More
Moose
Moose 5 hours ago 1 14
Boehner and Cantor are not only out of touch with their own party, they are out of touch with America. Time for a change. We don't need to be the Republican Democratic party.
More
itslikethis
itslikethis 5 hours ago 2 14
Name for the Syria mission: Operation Adios Mr. Speaker
More
Moose 5 hours ago 1 14
Boehner and Cantor are not only out of touch with their own party, they are out of touch with America. Time for a change. We don't need to be the Republican Democratic party.
More
itslikethis
itslikethis 5 hours ago 2 14
Name for the Syria mission: Operation Adios Mr. Speaker
More
Shamrock
Shamrock 4 hours ago 0 6
“This is something that the United States and the country need to do." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO WE DON'T. If you feel it so strongly then you and Obama can be the first ones in line to sign up to serve!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO to Syrian intervention.
More
Amani
Amani 4 hours ago 0 1
Are we crazy or are we simply so power hungry we have no problem starting WWW3 over there. Iran said they will defend Syria that is just dandy.
More
itslikethis
itslikethis 5 hours ago 3 19
Boehner's political career will be the first thing to die on the Syria beachhead.
More
Grommet
Grommet 4 hours ago 0 4
I think Boehner left something important out-- WHY does the United States and country (aren't these the same?) need to do this?Huh? Why does ANYBODY need to do this?Huh Because he thinks we should? Because we've already got a lot of weapons platforms poised to attack?Huh Because we already told the rebels to "get ready"Huh?

It is scary how the administration assures us that this will be a quick response and will be over in a couple days. Don't they realize that there may be other players besides ourselves who may not want it to be "over" in a couple days? Are we assuming there will be no response or retaliation? Looks like it.
More
. 4 hours ago 0 7
Boehner needs to go
The US has no business in Syria. PERIOD!!!
More
Loll a
Loll a 4 hours ago 0 5
Obama has successfully found another issue he can blame on republicans if it doesn't work out. #$%$
More
Steve
Steve 5 hours ago 0 6
Our politicians no longer care about the American people until it's time to vote. I don't see it changing even with new people, until we have term limits....Politicians are big business....
More
Outraged
Outraged 5 hours ago 0 1
It is an oligarchy we have not a democracy. They will never vote for term limits or bump their lobbyist buddies out of the decision making
More
Van
Van 5 hours ago 0 11
House Speaker John Boehner...... DON'T SUPPORT THIS..... DON'T DO IT.....
More
Eddie
Eddie 5 hours ago 0 10
There is NO American in "American Government" any longer...!!
More
Brian Huang
Brian Huang 4 hours ago 1 9
I said this before, the idiots in office need to replaced. Americans need to organize and march on Washington D.C.. The only people in this country calling for a strike are the politicians. Americans have nothing to gain and everything to lose, gas prices will be going up and this enriches the Arab states that want us to attack Syria. What about the cost of military action? Who's going to pay for all that fuel, weapons, and ammunition that is going to be spent? We have a $17Trillion deficit and another $4Trillion we owe because of QE3, which means the national debt is spiraling out of control......
Collapse Replies (4) Reply
Thomas
Thomas 4 hours ago 0 0
Obama started this. And you don't even know how the Congress is going to vote yet.
More
Df Nj
Df Nj 4 hours ago 1 2
Raise taxes on the top 1%. During FDR's presidency taxes were at 90% for the top 1%.
More
Thomas
Thomas 4 hours ago 0 1
And look at the mess that FDR has gotten us into.
More
Brian Huang
Brian Huang 4 hours ago 0 1
You need a new political platform that addresses the problems facing our country and severs the cozy relationship between "Corporate Americas Special Interest Lobbies" and our government. Both Republicans and Democrats have created a sectarian warfare environment and they no longer represent the people, they only sell off the country to buy votes... 

View Thousands of such "Comments" on :

http://news.yahoo.com/house-speaker-john-boehner-will-support-a-strike-on-syria-153639715.html

+ http://news.yahoo.com/senate-likely-pass-more-tailored-act-syria-chairman-140812477.html

(etc)....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:51:24 PM by Jory » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: