September 30, 2023, 07:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
French German Italian Dutch Spanish Portuguese Korean Chinese Simplified Japanese Greek Arabic Russian
News: European NEWS at : * European DEBATES at :
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bulgaria:57% for pro-EU Opposition to Socialo-Turkish bloc=>S.Stream. No Nabuco?  (Read 3291 times)
Jr. Member
Offline Offline

Posts: 83

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »

Bulgaria: 57% win of pro-EU Opposition to Socialo-Turkish bloc=> Yes to EU-Russia South Stream. No to Turko-US Nabbuco ?!

The parties opposed to the out-going Socialo - Turkish government win a large victory with more than 56% of the votes.

- With 38% to the GERB Party ("Citizens for European Development"), added to more than 7% for "Blue Conservatives", the Opposition arrived to 46%.

To get a large Autonomous Majority of 56% they need to add also some 10% won by the "Attaka" party at the right, which recently won 12% in the June 2009 European Elections by campaining with the moto "No to Turkey's entry into the EU !"..

- On the contrary, the outgoing government of Socialists fell to only 18%. They can only add 13% by their smaller ally, MRF party, which inludes the Turkish lobby, totalling some 31% only.

But they have been discredited by grave incidents of Corruption, resulting even to the blocade of much needed EU funds...

=> If nothing dirsupts the obvious natural conclusion, respecting People's verdict according to Democratic principles, a new Government of center-right, in these conditions, could logically have an important GeoPolitical consequence on EU's Energy supplies :

- Definitively drop the controversial, too Long, too Expensive, and too Dangerous Turkish "Nabbuco" pipeline, mainly pushed by Anglo-Americans, and boost the EU - Russia "South Stream" pipeline, arriving to EU Member Bulgaria directly.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:44:29 PM by Geopol » Logged
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!